- Launch the DiskPart utility by typing diskpart at the Start Menu. If your system does not have diskpart you can download it from here
- Run the list disk command to, surprisingly, list the disks in your system
- Now run select disk % where the "%" is actually the number of your USB drive (obtained above).
- Run clean.
- Now run create partition primary.
- Let's set the partition to active by entering active
- Now we format the drive with the FAT32 filesystem via the format fs=fat32 quick command
- Run the assign command to assign a drive letter to our USB device
- Copy the entire contents of the installation DVD to your USB device (a simple drag and drop will do)
- Plug the USB drive into the target system and proceed with the (hopefully faster) installation.
Tuesday, June 28, 2011
Thursday, June 23, 2011
If you, like me, have ever been faced with having to uninstall Trend OfficeScan, only for it to ask for a long-lost password, you were pretty much out of luck. Trend does have a KB article with manual un-installation steps, but that is an exercise in frustration.
- Open a command prompt and navigate to the folder where your Trend AV client is installed, usually c:\Program Files\Trend Micro\*****
- Execute the following command: